HDPE GAS PIPES
Gas distribution was among the first application of the medium density Polyethylene (MDPE) pipe. In fact, many of the systems currently in use have been in continuous service since 1960 with great success. Today, over 90% of the pipe installed for the natural gas distribution industry is plastic, and of the, 99% is polyethylene.
polyethylene gas pipes are manufactured in a state-of-the-art plant with latest manufacturing technology under strict quality control and accordance with all applicable specifications including ASTM D2513, the standard specification Thermoplastic Gas Pressure Pipe, Tubing and Fittings.
HDPE Gas pipes are lightweight, flexible and available in long coils thereby making it easy to install and minimizing the number of joints in the piping system.
- ISO 4437 (1997)
- ASTM D-2513 (2000)
- Other standards upon request
RAW MATERIAL SPECIFICATIONS
Raw material having the following specifications
- Medium Density Polyethylene (PE-80)
- High-Density Polyethylene (PE-100)
Melt Flow Rate (190 C,5 kg)
Density of Colored Compound
Tensile Street at yield
Eloogation at break
Vicat Softening Temperature
BS 874(at 23 °C)
Linear Thermal Expansion
1.5 X 104
ASTM D 696(20-60 °C
Environmental stress Crack Resist
ASTM D 1693 B
Minimum Reoccurred Strength (MRS)
ISO TR 9080 (97.5%) LCL
*Test conducted by manufacturers of raw material.
YELLOW PE-100 SDR-11(GAS)
- It is not affected by the earthquake by its flexible structure.
- It keeps its flexibility when the temperature decreases to - 40 °C.
- Can be used on the building site as a coil.
- Show high resistance to chemicals.
- Does not face corrosion by the fluid inside and by the structure of soil outside. It is light as 1/8 of steel as its volume being 0.940 gr/cm3.
- It can be combined out of the channel and then released to channel
- Resists slow-growth cracks
- Resists UV degradation when exposed to direct sunlight non-corroding against gas and external galvanic soil conditions.
- Can be cut with simple pipe and tubing cutters, allowing for savings in labor and equipment
- Reduces the cost lightweight and ease in transport and handling, as well as long laying lengths
- Can easily be joined by socket fusion, butt fusion saddle fusion, mechanical fittings or electro fusion.